Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. detectives found several defaced surfaces at UCSB’s Snidecor Hall that contained graffiti referencing last week’s arson attack on the Isla Vista Foot Patrol station.

An unknown suspect threw two Molotov cocktails at the police substation on Trigo Road last Tuesday, damaging its “Operation Medicine Cabinet” drop box and the building exterior and breaking an unoccupied patrol car’s window. According to a press release issued yesterday, SBCSD investigators discovered the graffiti — displaying slogans such as “2 Cock Tales 4 IVPD on the Home 11.15.11,” “4 Brute Versus Drunk Sad Kids” and “Crazy Irish” — the following morning.

According to Sheriff’s Department Public Information Officer Drew Sugars, investigators believe a single perpetrator is responsible for both crimes.

“We cannot say that definitely, but it seriously looks like there absolutely could be a connection,” Sugars said. “That’s what we’re pursuing until we find the person … it’s definitely suspicious that it was a few hundred yards away.”

Although detectives have not correlated the crime to the local “Occupy” movement, Sugars said IVFP is working with demonstrators to prevent conflicts with authorities.

“We’re trying to have daily dialogue and tell them what the rules are … we all need to follow the law,” Sugars said. “There have been a few arrests for camping but no major incidents. We can’t rule out that the attack on Foot Patrol isn’t related to Occupy … it’s certainly something we acknowledge.”

The Sheriff’s Department requests anyone with information regarding the arson attempt or graffiti to contact the department office at (805) 681-4100 or leave an anonymous tip at (805) 681-4171.